Common Characteristics of Phishing Scam Emails




  • Unsolicited requests for sensitive information
    The entire purpose of a typical phishing scam email is to get the recipient to provide personal information. If you receive any unsolicited email ostensibly from a bank or other institution that asks you to click a link and provide sensitive personal information, then you should view the message with the utmost suspicion. It is highly unlikely that a legitimate institution would request sensitive information in such a way.
  • Content appears genuine
    Phishing scam emails are created to give the illusion that they have been sent by a legitimate institution. The email may arrive in HTML format and include logos, styling, contact and copyright information virtually identical to those used by the targeted institution. To further create the illusion of legitimacy, some of the secondary links in these bogus emails may lead to the institution's genuine website. However, one or more of the hyperlinks featured in the body of the email will point to the fraudulent website.
  • Disguised hyperlinks and sender address
    Links in phishing scam emails are often disguised to make it appear that they lead to the genuine institution site. The sender address of the email may also be disguised in such a way that it appears to have originated from the targeted company.
  • Email consists of a clickable image
    Some phishing scam emails may arrive as a clickable image file. That is, the entire email consists of an image that contains the fraudulent request for information. These are a particularly dangerous type because clicking anywhere within the email will cause the bogus website to open.
  • Generic Greetings
    Because they are sent in bulk to many recipients, scam emails use generic greetings such as "Dear account holder" or "Dear [targeted institution] customer". If an institution needed to contact a customer about some aspect of his or her account, the contact email would most likely address the customer by name.
  • Use various ruses to entice recipients to click
    Phishing scam emails use a variety of ruses to explain why it is necessary for recipients to provide the requested information. Often, the messages imply that urgent action on the part of the recipient is required. Some of the most common ruses are listed below. The scam emails may claim that:

    • The customer's account details need to be updated due to a software or security upgrade.
    • The customer's account may be terminated if account details are not provided within a specified time frame.
    • Suspect or fraudulent activity involving the user's account has been detected and the user must therefore provide information urgently.
    • Routine or random security procedures require that the user verify his or her account by providing the requested information.
  • 5 comments:

    1. When I found Dr. OSOFO I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another man. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr. OSOFO through his website and He told me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my girlfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. OSOFO helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. OSOFO to anyone in need of help. Email:                            (osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )   Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2349065749952   


      When I found Dr. OSOFO I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another man. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr. OSOFO through his website and He told me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my girlfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. OSOFO helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. OSOFO to anyone in need of help. Email:                            (osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )   Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2349065749952   

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hello Everyone !

      USA SSN Leads/Fullz available, along with Driving License/ID Number with good connectivity.

      All SSN's are Tested & Verified.

      **DETAILS IN LEADS/FULLZ**

      ->FULL NAME
      ->SSN
      ->DATE OF BIRTH
      ->DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER
      ->ADDRESS WITH ZIP
      ->PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL
      ->EMPLOYEE DETAILS

      *Price for SSN lead $2
      *Bulk order will be preferred

      ->Hope for the long term business
      ->You can buy for your specific states too

      **Contact 24/7**

      Whatsapp > +923172721122

      Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

      Telegram > @leadsupplier

      ICQ > 752822040

      ReplyDelete
    3. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

      He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

      ReplyDelete
    4. CONTACT 24/7
      Telegram > @leadsupplier
      ICQ > 752822040
      Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

      Selling SSN+Dob Leads/Fullz with Driving License/ID Number For Tax return & W-2 Form filling, etc.

      >>1$ each without DL/ID number
      >>2$ each with DL
      >>5$ each for premium (also included relative info)

      Price reduce in Bulk order

      DETAILS IN LEADs/FULLZ/PROS

      ->FULL NAME
      ->SSN
      ->DATE OF BIRTH
      ->DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER WITH EXPIRY DATE
      ->COMPLETE ADDRESS
      ->PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL, I.P ADDRESS
      ->EMPLOYMENT DETAILS
      ->REALTIONSHIP DETAILS
      ->MORTGAGE INFO
      ->BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS

      >All Leads are Spammed & Verified.
      >Fresh spammed data of USA Credit Bureau
      >Good credit Scores, 700 minimum scores
      >Invalid info found, will be replaced.
      >Payment mode BTC, ETH, LTC, PayPal, USDT & PERFECT MONEY

      ''OTHER GADGETS PROVIDING''

      >SSN+DOB Fullz
      >CC with CVV
      >Photo ID's
      >Dead Fullz
      >Carding Tutorials
      >Hacking Tutorials
      >SMTP Linux Root
      >DUMPS with pins track 1 and 2
      >Sock Tools
      >Server I.P's
      >HQ Emails with passwords

      Contact 24/7

      Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com
      Telegram > @leadsupplier
      ICQ > 752822040

      ReplyDelete
    5. Do you need Personal Finance?
      Business Cash Finance?
      Unsecured Finance
      Fast and Simple Finance?
      Quick Application Process?
      Finance. Services Rendered include,
      *Debt Consolidation Finance
      *Business Finance Services
      *Personal Finance services Help
      contact us today and get the best lending service
      personal cash business cash just email us below
      Contact Us: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com
      call or add us on what's app +918929509036

      ReplyDelete